Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

No Alexa, I want YOU to be the speaker, Not my TV!

No Alexa, I want YOU to be the speaker, Not my TV!
« on: April 02, 2019, 08:52:52 am »
I have an Echo dot and a home theatre PC (OSMC running on a Raspberry Pi 3). Sometimes I would like to output the audio from the PC through my Alexa via bluetooth (i.e use the Alexa as the speaker). The problem is that when I attempt to do this it works half of the time and the other half of the time the Echo uses the TV speakers for its output, exactly the opposite way round from what I want.

It doesn't seem to be at all consistent. Even if I do the same things it's still 50:50 as to which device will decide to be out and which will be in.

Is there any way to tell Alexa which device should be used for output?

Re: No Alexa, I want YOU to be the speaker, Not my TV!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 03:26:53 pm »
You can tell it to disconnect bluetooth , that should do what you want.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »
yep, telling it to connect or disconnect should work.  I think that is the only solution. 

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 07:24:05 am »
So I've basically got to tell it to disconnect and then keep rolling the dice on which way round it will connnect until it gets it right?

That's not very impressive!