Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Amazon Echo 2 vs Amazon Echo Dot 3 microphone pickup

Amazon Echo 2 vs Amazon Echo Dot 3 microphone pickup
« on: March 31, 2019, 10:22:07 am »
Hi, I have an amazon echo 2 in my bedroom, and an amazon echo dot 3 in my living room hooked up into a speaker system.  Does the amazon echo 2 have better microphone pickup than the echo dot 3.  Is it a lot better, or just a tiny bit?  If it is a lot better, I may consider moving the echo into the living room and the dot into the bedroom?

Re: Amazon Echo 2 vs Amazon Echo Dot 3 microphone pickup
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 01:03:49 pm »
microphone pickup depends on the room itself and the location inside the room.  best way to find out is to give it a try and see if it is any better for you. 

Re: Amazon Echo 2 vs Amazon Echo Dot 3 microphone pickup
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 07:52:29 pm »
I have an Echo Plus 2nd generation in the living room and a Echo Dot 3rd generation in the kitchen. Both are about 30 feet apart and there is just a railing (split level) between both room. While in the kitchen and facing the Dot, sometime it's the Plus that picks up what I say  :o