Echo & Alexa Forums

Request Alexa play a specific podcast, either says it doesn't exist or plays oth

mah0neyk

I'm trying to have Alexa play a specific podcast.  The podcast has a tricky name.  Alexa couldn't find it on Tune In, but I've verified it's definitely on Tune In.  I'm enunciating clearly, speaking slowly, but she either tells me she can't find it or she plays another podcast that I had requested previously.  I've tried spelling the name but she cuts me off.  No luck with anything I've tried.  Any thoughts? THANK YOU!

did you check your history in setting to see what it heard?   also without knowing the name of the podcast you are trying to listen to, there is no way to check to see if it is having problems

Offline jwlv

I suggest playing it through the Alexa app until Alexa learns that is the podcast that you want. In the Alexa app, tap the Play icon, tap Browse Music, choose TuneIn, then type in the name of the podcast in the search box.

You may have to do this a few dozen times until Alexa learns about your tastes in music or podcasts. There are times when Alexa will never learn it. Nothing you can do about it.

By the way, why did you neglect to post the name of the podcast? Wouldn't you think it could make it a lot easier for the folks on here to help you when they know what you are looking for. Unless the podcast is something perverted or embarrassing...

mah0neyk

Renegade600: Thanks for the help.  I checked Settings and found Alexa was recognizing the name of the podcast correctly - Theta Sigma's Doctor Who Podcast.  Appears she just doesn't find it on Tune In. 

JWLV:  Thanks for the help.  I'll try using the Alexa app (duh, never thought of that!)  I didn't think the name of the podcast would make a difference in the message, so I didn't include it.  But...if you like Doctor Who, this is an excellent podcast - Theta Sigma's Doctor Who Podcast.  (Alexa didn't understand Theta a couple times - Fada, Phadra - that was the tricky part of the name.)   

I use the anypod skill to play podcasts on my echos. Once it’s enabled you can just say Alexa ask anypod to play X podcast and it will play.