Echo & Alexa Forums

Australian Alexa Replies to "thank you"?

StrangeDucks

Australian Alexa Replies to "thank you"?
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:35:35 pm »
I live in the USA and I'm having fun trying different accents with Alexa. The Australian version has one particular reply to "thank you" I don't understand. It sounds like "empty eyes" or "en tee eye." What is she saying and what does it mean or what is it short for?

AlanH

Re: Australian Alexa Replies to "thank you"?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:40:37 am »
I would have expected Alexa to respond with "No worries", but it doesn't seem to be that phrase! Here's a guide to Australian slang that might help  8)

https://nomadsworld.com/aussie-slang/

StrangeDucks

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 10:59:54 am »
In the Alexa app, if you look under "Activity" you can find out what was said. When she replied, I looked it up. The expression was; "easy as!" I know that it is nothing like what I heard or at least I thought I heard but that is what she said. Everything else I recognized or have heard of it before. Surprisingly, it didn't appear in the link above. Maybe it is an expression from New Zealand.

ozhog

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 02:26:26 am »
It is "Easy as" I've lived here in Oz for 49 years and never heard anyone say that, maybe it's the sort of thing the millennials are saying. The more obvious thing would be "No worries" or "No wucking furries." which may be shortened to "No wuckers"