Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Multi-room Music Issues. Unable to create an "Everywhere Group"

TheWaltonMystic

I have a multi-room music group set up called "Everywhere". This has worked well until the past few week, when only some of the devices work.

I decided to delete the group and re-create it from scratch. I create the new group, all four devices appear.  As soon as I select one of the four devices, the other three set to "Device Unavailable" and I am unable to select and re-create the group.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

dragon123

Re: Multi-room Music Issues. Unable to create an "Everywhere Group"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 04:31:31 pm »
Works fine for me.

Are you sure you are creating a multi room music group (3rd option in the android app), and not a 'regular' group or smart group?

If so, what have you tried yet debugging-wise? Turned on and off phone, router, all echos? Made smaller groups to find out which device is acting up? Are you using the website, android or ios app?

FarmerBob

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:38:28 pm »
Something happened right after the first of the year. For me Alexa as a whole got real dumb compared to before Christmas. I ask questions or for things and I get the "I don't know about that" or just the dump tone. I heard they over sold their server capability and are having problems all over the World.

Right now I am so turned off by the platform. Google Assistant is proving to be billion fold better now. I hope things look up, I bought a ton of these for Christmas and right now can't use them. The whole set up proposition is now very user-unfriendly and illogical. What I bought mine for was supposedly possible before Christmas. Now that I am try to do it, it won't allow me to set it up that way. Just like your "Everywhere Group" and once a device is added, you can add any others. Somethings wrong somewhere . . .

TheWaltonMystic

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:31:32 am »
I seemed to have found a workaround. This what I did.

• Power down router
  • Unplugged all devices
  • Waited 5 minutes
  • Repowered router
  • Repowered all devices
  • Went to recreate Evereywhere group. Same problem but saved the ones I could
  • Once saved. I returned to the list and added the devices that said they were previously "Unavailable"
  • Resaved group

Not Ideal, but I have the group back up and running now
I have a multi-room music group set up called "Everywhere". This has worked well until the past few week, when only some of the devices work.

I decided to delete the group and re-create it from scratch. I create the new group, all four devices appear.  As soon as I select one of the four devices, the other three set to "Device Unavailable" and I am unable to select and re-create the group.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:05:08 am »
The usual reason for this problem is that your devices aren't all on the same network - some on 2.4 GHz, others on 5GHz. I had to split my network with separate SSIDs to force all on to 2.4.