Echo & Alexa Forums

Getting Alexa to work with Windows 10 pc

kabryden

Getting Alexa to work with Windows 10 pc
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:12:16 am »
We watch tv through our PC, so I wanted to have Alexa startup the PC, Sound Bar, TV and sub. So I purchased a Geeni powerbar. Set up a routine to start the PC wait a minute (Our PC doesn't work well if the sound bar doesn't wait for it to POST) so all ok with startup. The problem was shutting down, you could ask Cortana to turn off PC say yes and that would take care of it. My work around was I have a webcam attached to PC, a speaker from my bluetooth amp (We use a Dot connected to a bluetooth amp to power speakers for better sound) The routine is have Alexa tell Cortanna to shutdown PC then turn volume down to 0, say yes 4 times, turn the volume up to 5 say yes this takes care of Cortana it will shutdown the pc now, wait one minute then shutdown the sound bar, tv sub then turn off power bar. Took me a bit to work to get it working but atleast it works. Has anyone else tried this and if so how did you get it working

Re: Getting Alexa to work with Windows 10 pc
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:53:06 pm »
could you not set a delay in the routine?  anyway, interesting fix.  glad it worked  ;-)   

kabryden

Re: Getting Alexa to work with Windows 10 pc
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:53:47 am »
Couldn't use delay as only delays in minutes and Cortana won't wait that long