Echo & Alexa Forums

alexa email review

alexa email review
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:56:27 am »
I am disappointed with alexa email where it will read your emails.  It is too limited.  only work with gmail and microsoft accounts.   I gave it a good try.   I created a another gmail account and pop3 emails from yahoo, mail, outlook, and another gmail account to it.  I created the new account in order to keep from getting dups if I used my regular gmail and outlook accounts for all my other accounts when I checked my email manually.

Ran with this for a couple of weeks.  it worked but for whatever reason it did not get all my emails or not keep a copy at the original email service no matter the settings.  another problem was when told to delete, never knew what it was going to do.  sometimes it played music, sometimes it want to install something but the last straw was when it turn off my computer as I was using it.    In addition, sometimes when saying next, it would start over with the emails.   finally, it would keep a copy of the email on screen which to me is a privacy issue.   guess it is still work in progress.

I still get alexa to read my emails but using another service that recently returned from the dead.  .  Fortunately it has none of the above problems.