Echo & Alexa Forums

Start Music and then Have it Expand to Play Everywhere

holydoc

Start Music and then Have it Expand to Play Everywhere
« on: February 17, 2019, 08:45:52 am »
Is it possible to start your music in one room and then tell Echo to continue playing the music everywhere?

I have a playlist that I created.  Sometimes I am listening to that playlist when I decide I have some chores in another room.  I would like my playlist to continue playing but also play in the rooms I am going to, without restarting the playlist.

SylvainG

Re: Start Music and then Have it Expand to Play Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 09:38:06 pm »
Yes, you create multi-room and assign which Echo you want in it. Then you say Alexa, play Spotify (or whatever music service you have) in {the name of your multi-room}.

Some say you can't have a Echo in more than one multi-room but never had that problem myself.

holydoc

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 08:27:21 am »
Sylvain,

That is not really what I want.  Let's say that I am listening to music only in the bedroom.  If I want to go to the livingroom is there a way to "continue" that playlist in the livingroom without restarting the playlist?  Is there a way to continue the music on the everywhere group without having to restart the playlist?

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:57:55 pm »
I haven't ever tried to do it from alexa  ??? I do that by changing the devices in the spotify app on my phone. Ie, from 'bedroom' to 'downstairs'.