Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo dot 3rd gen cannot connect after change to new Comcast Xfinity router.

RE:Echo dot 3rd gen cannot connect after change to new Comcast Xfinity router.

I just traded in the old router for the new comcast Xfinity router.
NOW I Can't connect any of my Amazon Echo

Background fact:
-Echo dot was working before router change.
-Echo dot initial setup before new Xfinity router was very easy , just download Alexa app on my phone, and very smooth.
-After new Xfinity router setup,  PC and other 2 Tablet (Fire HD8, HD10) which connect to wifi are working fine, internet is working.
-NEW Xfinity router have wifi SSID, with WPA2-PSK(ASE)
-NEW Xfinity router set to minimum security(Low)

I have try:
1)Factory Reset reset amazon echo dot 3rd generation, the use phone/2 Tablet Alexa app try to setup again , Got stuck at Alexa cannot find "Amazon-xxx". 
Deregister echo dot on amazon account , then go initial setup again doesn't work either, Got stuck at Alexa cannot find "Amazon-xxx".

2)Deregister echo dot, then go back to intial setup again, doesn't work either, Got stuck at Alexa cannot find "Amazon-xxx".

Comcast Xfinity not helping , no real solution.
It's been 3 weeks.....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:18:45 pm by echo8657 »

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you manage to figure out how to reconnect as i'm still unable to use mine.

Thanks,

Call Amazon's Echo help:  1-877-375-9365

To prevent issues like this, whenever you get a new router make sure you set the SSID to the same as it was before, and also use the same password.

There, all your devices will work just fine automagically  ;)
My Alexa stuff:
Echo Show, Echo Spot, 4 Echo Dots, Fire TV, Fire tablet,
Vobot Alarmclock, Logitech Harmony Hub, house full of Hue lights,
Ring 1+2 doorbells, Tado smart thermostat, Plex server.