Echo & Alexa Forums

Auto display Ring Doorbell video on Echo Show 2

HydroFlyer

Auto display Ring Doorbell video on Echo Show 2
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:27:44 pm »
Looking for a way to automatically stream Ring Pro doorbell video to Echo Show 2 upon doorbell press or motion detected without speaking the verbal command.

As a workaround, I placed a 2nd Echo device next to the Echo Show and set up a routine for this device to speak the verbal command “Echo, show front door” when the doorbell rings or motion is detected. This works but sometimes the Echo Show does not hear the command and does not respond.

I tried to use the IFTTT app but found that Amazon Alexa is only available as a TRIGGER SERVICE and not as an ACTION SERVICE. Any ideas??
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:36:09 pm by HydroFlyer »

Re: Auto display Ring Doorbell video on Echo Show 2
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:34:45 am »
I'm watching this one for sure. I get instant video when the app is opened, but not through Alexa when a disturbance is felt in the force... Anyone figures it out where I don't have to be a programmer/Developer, chime right in. I'd like it to be fairly simple as well. I don't care for IFTTT but may work out some other way if it's not a new expense (which it should not be).
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

jvk of md

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 08:28:47 am »
I agree.  The ads for ring pro make it look like it's an instantaneous connection and video but it lacks terribly,

eLLeMiNNo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 09:50:00 am »
I had an extra 2nd gen Dot laying around so I placed it next to my Spot, muted the mic and created a routine that:
"When" - Front Door is pressed
Anytime

"Alexa Will" Say "Alexa...   show the doorbell"

"From"
'2nd Gen Dot name'

My Spot will hear the Dot say the command and she will execute. 

It's a little janky, but it works.