Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy

Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy
« on: February 09, 2019, 02:08:44 pm »
I am using an echo version two to play music from my phone. Via Bluetooth. After some time, half an hour to several hours, the audio becomes glitchy or choppy. For example, a several second 1 kHz tone track I have 1 will play with audible interruptions in it. If I disconnect and re-pair Bluetooth, and play the same 1 kHz Killer tone it works fine again. Until it doesnít. It seems to help if I pair my iPhone to a different bluetOoth device before re-pairing with the Echo Version 2.  This behavior makes music unlistenable.  I never had this issue with my two series one echoes, or two Echo Dots.  Is this a known issue to anyone? Amazon sent me a replacement when I discuss the problem, but the replacement exhibit the same behavior. 

I have an older Version 2 Echo from when they first released the model. Iím going to try that one for a few days to see if it does the same thing.   It might be a mid-version manufacturing change or firmware issue.   But it is definitely real.

Feedback/help appreciated in replicating or how to bring to Amazon engineering attention for investigation/confirmation.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:18:26 pm by Dermbrian »

Re: Echo V2 Bluetooth received audio becomes choppy glichy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 11:02:14 am »
Update:  my older Echo 2 exhibited the same Bluetooth audio problem.  I put an old original Echo in its place and no glitches, ever.