Echo & Alexa Forums

Drop in from app not working correctly

Rakerkr

Drop in from app not working correctly
« on: February 06, 2019, 02:20:25 pm »
I have 8 echos/dots throughout my house.  I can drop in from one to another fine.  Broadcast fine. But when I drop in from my cell phone alexa app to any unit, it will connect  (the echo dings and the green ring appears), the speaker and microphone icon show up in the phone screen, along with the hangup button.  But, I cannot talk to, or hear from the dropped in echo!  I have tried with the both positions of the speaker and microphone button on the phone screen to no avail.  Communication is set to "household" on all units which are all my account.  Any ideas?  I appreciate it.

Offline jwlv

Re: Drop in from app not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:51:05 pm »
Is your phone connected to a bluetooth headset or other device? If so, that's where the audio is going.

fstbusa

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:30:46 am »
not familiar with the "household" setting but does that only allow drop-ins on the same network?

Rakerkr

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 10:25:08 pm »
Is your phone connected to a bluetooth headset or other device? If so, that's where the audio is going.

Good thought.  But that is not the problem.  Bluetooth is totally off.

I think though that it does have to be something else with the phone causing the prob.  Amazon/Alexa tech guys are working on it.  I will share what they find if they can figure it.