Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

how to stop streaming on a DOT in another room

how to stop streaming on a DOT in another room
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:37:56 am »
My wife streams music to her plants in the greenhouse, which is a long walk away.  How do I get that DOT to stop streaming without walking out there.

Thanks
First Post
Brad

Offline kevb

Re: how to stop streaming on a DOT in another room
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:22:32 pm »
Use the app.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:43:15 am »
you could also do it if you have a remote connected to that dot.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 06:42:58 am »
Alexa, stop playing on "greenhouse dot" (or whatever name you've given it). You can use this command on any other Alexa device on the network.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 08:32:41 am »
Alexa, stop playing on "greenhouse dot" (or whatever name you've given it). You can use this command on any other Alexa device on the network.

Exactly this^^  I use it to stop playing on my basement echo when my kids don't stop it playing.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:45:07 am »
My wife streams music to her plants in the greenhouse, which is a long walk away.  How do I get that DOT to stop streaming without walking out there.

Thanks
First Post
Brad

Why? Do the plants get tired of listening? 

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 02:01:03 pm »

completely forgot about this...