Echo & Alexa Forums

One echo and two Alexa app.

biacco99

One echo and two Alexa app.
« on: November 21, 2018, 01:09:14 pm »
HI
I would like to connect two smartphones with the Amazon Alexa app same account to a single echo dot?
Thanks for every suggestion.

Re: One echo and two Alexa app.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:42:57 pm »
just install the app and sign into your alexa account.  there should be no problems.  I have the app installed on several devices

biacco99

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:46:57 am »
OK done works, thanks

jarwyn

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 04:28:30 am »
Hi. Sorry to hijack this thread but I didn't want to open a new one.

I am trying to do the same as the OP but I'm unable to. My wife and I each have a smartphone with the Alexa App on it. My phone is able to 'see' all the devices we have. My wife's phone does not show any devices - when I go to add device (on my wife's phone) it takes me all the way through 'setup' and then the phone can 'see' the device but now on my phone, the device has been removed and I can't 'see' it.

Any thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated.

jarwyn

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 06:06:02 am »
So I ended up calling Customer Service. In the past my experience with them was not great but today they were top notch.

Seems my wife had 2 accounts, one of which could not be linked to a phone number (because the first account was linked to that phone number). Customer Service was able to link the 2nd account to my wife's phone number and then all the devices appeared on it.

Just posting in case someone else has the same problem.