Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot stand

jarwyn

Echo Spot stand
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:38:08 am »
Hi.

I've just joined this forum and this is my first post.

We have 2 Echo spots, as well as a dot and a 1st gen Echo. Everything is great apart from the Echo spot which I find is angled too high. I could just wedge something underneath it to make the camera more 'level' but I was just wondering about stands.

My question is this, on Amazon I can see several stands for the Echo spot but most of them don't say if the stand 'tilts' forward and backward. There is one that does tilt forward but not very much.

Does anyone know of a stand that will tilt forward a reasonable amount? By reasonable I mean that the camera lens needs to be able to be tilted fully horizontal.

Many thanks in advance.

AlanH

Re: Echo Spot stand
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:24:25 am »
The Amazon OEM stand seems to allow the Spot to be positioned with the screen almost vertical - is that what you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOOFXbx6KBg

jarwyn

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 07:38:24 am »
Thanks for the reply. That was the one I was looking at but unfortunately it needs to be able to tilt at least horizontal and possibly even down.

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40:36 am »
You want the screen to be horizontal? Won’t that make it difficult to view?

jarwyn

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 07:49:25 am »
Sorry - my mistake. I should have been clearer. The camera lens needs to be horizontal. It's just because we have ours quite high up so when we do a video call the other person cannot see us, only the top of our heads.

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 07:52:46 am »
In that case you need to tilt the Spot forwards which is what the Amazon stand will allow you to do based on the video that I linked to.

jarwyn

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 08:03:52 am »
Yes, I agree - the difficulty is in seeing just how much it can tilt 'forward'. I suppose the easiest way is to order one then if it doesn't tilt far enough then I can send it back.

jarwyn

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 04:13:02 am »
Hi Just wanted to put an update on here in case anyone else is thinking about getting a stand.

I ordered mine, it arrived yesterday and I can confirm that it does tilt the lens forward. It does not quite tilt to a vertical screen but it is adequate (for our needs).