Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo and Harmony Activities

RussJ

Echo and Harmony Activities
« on: January 19, 2019, 06:23:24 am »
I use a Harmony hub to control my AV system and have set up several activities to switch on Bluray, Youview etc.
All the activities work fine when controlled via the Harmony remote.
When I purchased an Echo Dot 3rd gen I attempted to link the Harmony to the Dot via the Harmony skill.
I think this was successful as I can now see all the Harmony activities and when I say to Alexa "turn on Youview", the response is "OK".
However it seems that not all the commands in the activity are being transmitted as only the first device within the activity is activated, ie "turn on Youview" should switch on projector, drop screen, switch on Amp and Youview box. What happens is that only the amp is switched on. It seems that something is timing out before all the commands are sent.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Russ

froglips

Re: Echo and Harmony Activities
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 03:50:54 pm »
Did you install BOTH the Harmony Skills and have Alexa discover them?  There is the primary Harmony Hub skill as well as a Harmony Secondary (red) Skill. The secondary creates additional scenes.

Link from Logitech...https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:53:27 pm by froglips »

RussJ

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:09 am »
I have installed both Skills but I will double check that I have enabled both.
I originally only set up the blue skill as I understood it was a replacement for the red one.
Russ

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:30:53 am »
I don't think you need both skills installed unless you have 2 hubs.

RussJ

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
I've done some more investigation as follows:
I created a new Harmony Activity which merely switches one item on.
I then went through the Alexa/Harmony update process and it all works!
The kit switches on and off when instructed.
However, my other activities still do not start via voice but work fine using the remote.

The really odd thing is that after my success with simple Activity, the more complex one worked once but then stopped responding and I can't get it to work again.