Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Control echo hooked into whole house stereo via dots throughout the house

I currently have an echo hooked into my whole house stereo (always left on) via the audio out.  I have speaker in my bedroom, living room, den, outside, and outside by hot tub.  It works great.  I have volume controls at each location so If im not outside generally I just click the volume to off. Generally all my in house speakers are always on a higher volume at the control and I just ask alexa to change her volume if I want it up or down.  My only gripe is if im not near my echo I have to get near her to ask her to play music.  I would love to just set a dot in several places around my home so I can be heard from anywhere I have speakers.  I dont want music or alexas voice to play from the dots.  I only want to use them as microphones to communicate with my echo that is connected to my whole house stereo.  I also would like to set something in the app so I dont have to always say "play everywhere".  I would love to be anywhere in my house or outside and just say "alexa play..." and have the closest dot communicate that to my echo.

Any thoughts?

I don't think Alexa is able to do most of these tricks, but I could be wrong.