Echo & Alexa Forums

Can I lower volume 3 times with one command?

Kerry

Can I lower volume 3 times with one command?
« on: January 27, 2019, 05:03:07 pm »
I have to say "Alexa lower volume" 3x to get it to the desired volume. Is there a command to lower it x increments?
Thanks, Kerry
Echo Dot
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:05:19 pm by Kerry »

Re: Can I lower volume 3 times with one command?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 06:04:31 pm »
did not 3x was the limit.  if its not, try going 9x  or try using percentage

Pez63

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:46 pm »
You can say “Alexa volume 8” or “Alexa volume 3”. That should get you where you want to go quickly.

Kerry

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 09:49:34 pm »
You can say “Alexa volume 8” or “Alexa volume 3”. That should get you where you want to go quickly.
Thanks Pez63, that works perfectly. Just what I was hoping for.

MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 10:43:03 pm »
Thanks from me too!!   I also found that if I ask Alexa to set the volume to  anything else greater than 10, she will tell you that you can only use numbers from  0-10.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 11:55:09 pm »
Volume can also be set to any number or percentage in Alexa app settings for any device..

FarmerBob

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:21:24 pm »
The thing that I am finding really confusing is that in the Alexa app set volume is displayed as whole numbers between 0-10, but if adjusted manually in a Routine or on the "Device Settings" panel using a slider in the app it's in %'s, but the "device" will only allow vocal control of 0-10. She'll even tell you so. I have noticed that pressing the volume buttons on the top gives you a finer adjustment, which seems to be + or – 3%, other than the full 1 (10%) to 2 (20%) or to what ever. I have a Routine for going to bed which has "sleep stuff" playing. Volume 2 is too loud and 1 too soft. So from 2 I press the – button and see that it can be adjusted just right. Which is why I found out how the volume is notated in the app and real world. In the app under your device settings it shows the actual volume your device is at in %'s, one tap = a ±3% change, as to where you left it and can manually change it in %'s. You have to not be on the device panel, set the volume, then go back and look at the volume. If you change it you have back out and go back in to see the volume change. So "Two Presses" puts the volume just right, this = 24% and I have set the volume in the Routine to this, which is how you do it, not the whole numbers, and all is good when it fires off. But in the summary of the Routine it's listed as Volume 2. This is nutz to have to go back and forth to get things set nicely and the way they are displayed. But then since the holidays none of my "many" echo devices have worked as well as they did before. So . . . .

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 08:47:41 pm »
The thing that I am finding really confusing is that in the Alexa app set volume is displayed as whole numbers between 0-10, but if adjusted manually in a Routine or on the "Device Settings" panel using a slider in the app it's in %'s, but the "device" will only allow vocal control of 0-10. She'll even tell you so. I have noticed that pressing the volume buttons on the top gives you a finer adjustment, which seems to be + or – 3%, other than the full 1 (10%) to 2 (20%) or to what ever. I have a Routine for going to bed which has "sleep stuff" playing. Volume 2 is too loud and 1 too soft. So from 2 I press the – button and see that it can be adjusted just right. Which is why I found out how the volume is notated in the app and real world. In the app under your device settings it shows the actual volume your device is at in %'s, one tap = a ±3% change, as to where you left it and can manually change it in %'s. You have to not be on the device panel, set the volume, then go back and look at the volume. If you change it you have back out and go back in to see the volume change. So "Two Presses" puts the volume just right, this = 24% and I have set the volume in the Routine to this, which is how you do it, not the whole numbers, and all is good when it fires off. But in the summary of the Routine it's listed as Volume 2. This is nutz to have to go back and forth to get things set nicely and the way they are displayed. But then since the holidays none of my "many" echo devices have worked as well as they did before. So . . . .

the volume can be confusing.  gotta find a right combination of settings between the manual, the app, and in a lot of cases the bluetooth device.  then you have the different features like alarms, timers and other  you must also take in account.  otherwise something is too loud, too low or has a lot of static.  I am still trying to figure out the volume using the timer on the firehd 10 in show mode connected to a bluetooth speaker.  everything but the timer is loud - the timer is so low it is hard to hear even though the timer volume is set at the max.  fortunately have another echo that close enough to use or even a google home if needed.