Echo & Alexa Forums

Ring Video Doorbell with Echo Show 2nd Edition

N7AS

Ring Video Doorbell with Echo Show 2nd Edition
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:19:56 pm »
I am thinking to purchase a Ring Video Doorbell.
I have an Amazon Echo Show 2nd Edition and would like to integrate it with the Ring Video Doorbell. There are 2 models, Ring Video Doorbell and Ring Video Doorbell 2.
I talked to someone at Ring and was told that either model would work with my Echo Show, but I have heard that the cheaper model $99 would have problems. I think that the people at ring.com really know their product well.
So my question is: Has anyone used the Ring Video Doorbell $99 model with an Echo Show?

Re: Ring Video Doorbell with Echo Show 2nd Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:30 pm »
I have an Amazon Echo Show 2nd Edition and would like to integrate it with the Ring Video Doorbell. There are 2 models, Ring Video Doorbell and Ring Video Doorbell 2.
I talked to someone at Ring and was told that either model would work with my Echo Show, but I have heard that the cheaper model $99 would have problems. I think that the people at ring.com really know their product well.
So my question is: Has anyone used the Ring Video Doorbell $99 model with an Echo Show?

I have a the Ring Pro Door bell and love it. They cost a bit more but well worth the quality and difference. I know you asked about the cheaper one (which I cannot respond to) but I thought I'd share my enthusiasm for their products. I can't imagine problems with the product, but could imagine issues with picture quality or something along those lines, in comparison to the pro model. We have a picture I can zoom in and count cat toes on the pro... very clean clear pictures even after dark... they're not in color when dark out, but the clarity is pretty good for being standard dark outside. Definitely worth considering when buying though. check the video rate and stuff and see if it's worth it to move up or worth it to stick with the lower rated stuff... most things you can return of you're not satisfied, but you will have to install the door bell to try it out in any case, so think about that more than anything. It could be a task. or costly to have someone else do it if you're not handy...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

dragon123

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:44 am »

The ring 2 works more reliably with the alexa skill than the ring 1. I have both, the ring 1 is now on my back door. I rarely use my echo show 1 or spot with the doorbell, my phone works better as it is usually closer by, plus those echos do not (did not? not sure)  :D allow you to answer the doorbell they just show video.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:46:50 am by dragon123 »

froglips

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 01:28:33 pm »
The cheaper Ring door bell works great with the Echo show.  Never had any issues with Echo Show displaying doorbell on screen and now you can actually answer when it rings, not just see who is there.

HydroFlyer

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:14:05 pm »
I recommend getting the Ring Pro if you have existing wired doorbell to avoid changing batteries. The Ring Pro is much smaller in size and the Pro app allows the user to define more precise zones. Please know before your purchase that the doorbell video will not automatically display on the Echo Show. You are required to tell it to “show front door” each time, then wait 6 to 13 seconds for the video to display. I purchased my Ring Pro and Echo Show on Black Friday 2018. Even with these issues I still like it.