Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa voice command for Broadlink scenes

Appieland

Alexa voice command for Broadlink scenes
« on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:36 am »
Do you know of a voice command to invoke a scene from a Broadlink RM pro+?
Other commands work on television and scenes work from the ihp app. Thanks ! David A.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Alexa voice command for Broadlink scenes
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 06:01:28 pm »
Do you know of a voice command to invoke a scene from a Broadlink RM pro+?
Other commands work on television and scenes work from the ihp app. Thanks ! David A.

Depending on what is in the scene that you have, you may be able to do the same natively in Alexa groups or routines.

I am also using broadlink RM pro and the older broadlink app not the ihc app.

Not sure if the broadlink ihc skill can help you import the smart devices into Alexa, but you can export the smart devices from the old broadlink app to another app called RM plugin and Alexa will recognise all your smart devices. That way you can create the scene natively in Alexa
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 06:09:05 pm by tthoben »
Echo Dot @ SG

FarmerBob

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 07:37:53 pm »
From what I understand if the "Skill" for that App/Device/Service and Alexa are all linked up and the scene is something that Alexa can see, it'll see it and tell you that it has.

With my LIFX lighting the second I complete a Scene in the LIFX app, Alexa blurts out that she discovered a new scene and when I go to the Scene Button in the mobile app it is in the list.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 09:50:56 am »
Hi after linking Alexa app with Broadlink (not ihc) skill, I use "activate" keyword to run a broadlink scene

e.g. "Alexa, activate day" -> day is one of the names of my scene set.