Echo & Alexa Forums

Keep Echos separate while on a family prime account?

kixwooder

Keep Echos separate while on a family prime account?
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:33:11 pm »
My GF and I are part of a family prime account to share shipping, video, etc.  We both have our own homes, both with multiple Echos, wireless thermostats, smart plugs, etc. 

Is there a way to keep these devices separated, so my devices don't show up on her login and mine doesn't shop up on hers?  Notifications go to all devices and it's a unnecessary.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:44:40 pm by kixwooder »

Re: Keep Echos separate while on a family prime account?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:36 pm »
as long as you share accounts then you are stuck with it.  why don't you just use another account, nothing stopping you from having two amazon accounts.  you can still share prime for videos, shipping or whatever. 

kixwooder

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 09:45:41 pm »
as long as you share accounts then you are stuck with it.  why don't you just use another account, nothing stopping you from having two amazon accounts.  you can still share prime for videos, shipping or whatever.

We have two accounts, hers and mine, they are a prime household together.  She logs into her amazon account/Alexa app and can see all the echos and such that are registered under my name, and when I log into my Alexa app, I can see her devices.

Do I need to create an entirely new, disconnected, acoustic to keep them separate?

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:17:31 pm »
a completely separate account.   the only issue will be you won't be able to share prime amazon music over the echos
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:16:16 pm by renegade600 »