Echo & Alexa Forums

Music on echo confusing

Petrosell

Music on echo confusing
« on: April 07, 2016, 10:01:22 am »
Ok when I ask her to play certain songs like closing time she plays a short sample then quits ! How do I add full length versions of sons I want to hear ?

DParker

Re: Music on echo confusing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:31:11 am »
Ok when I ask her to play certain songs like closing time she plays a short sample then quits ! How do I add full length versions of sons I want to hear ?

There are multiple ways to do this:

1) Do you have a Prime account?  If so, add the songs you're interested in to your Prime music library (if they're available).

2) If you don't have a Prime account then you can buy the songs you want from Amazon (again, if they're available) and you can play them.

3) Create an account with one or more of the streaming music services that Alexa is integrated with (Pandora, TuneIn, iHeart Radio, Spotify Premium or Audible).

4) Acquire the songs some other way and load them on your mobile or other Bluetooth-capable device, pair the device with your Echo and then stream them from there.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42:22 am »

when it plays samples, it usually means you will have to purchase the song if you want to hear the full length. 

dfine1966

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 07:31:38 am »
You can also download the free Amazon Music app on your Mac or pc.  Doesn't matter if you have prime or not.  Just an Amazon account.  Amazon Music allows up to 250 songs uploaded to the Amazon's cloud for free in the app which Alexa can play.  If you already own songs from iTunes our other services you can import them into Amazon Music app on you computer, not through the phone.  I did it already and I don't have Prime.  Works great. Alexa sees my music I imported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk