Echo & Alexa Forums

Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh

Floridadomer

Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
I decided to get a Dot and returned my echo. Ordered the Dot but it is BO until middle of July. I thought I would buy one on Ebay knowing that I would have to pay some over the original cost. I had no idea that the average price that they are selling for is 165.00. I want one but not that badly! Does anyone know of any other place that I might find one?

Re: Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »
I decided to get a Dot and returned my echo. Ordered the Dot but it is BO until middle of July. I thought I would buy one on Ebay knowing that I would have to pay some over the original cost. I had no idea that the average price that they are selling for is 165.00. I want one but not that badly! Does anyone know of any other place that I might find one?

I doubt you will find one that is not being sold at a premium.  Hopefully Amazon will ramp up production and get you your dot before July. 

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:10:39 am »
Seriously, I would re-buy the Echo at these Dot prices, and especially if you have a 3-month wait for Dot from Amazon.  Who knows, there could be another sale on Echos again.  Now that I have all three gizmos, I feel they are all different and unique enough that having the Echo first, above all others does make perfect sense to me. 

Floridadomer

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:00:49 am »
We already have an Echo in our Kitchen and one Dot in the bedroom. This one is for my Man Cave that also has a full bathroom attached that I use to get ready in the mornings. I have a BT speaker already that I will attach to the Dot.
I was able to find one for 135.00. For me it was worth the extra 38.00 dollars.

Kelleytoons

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:34:42 am »
My order, not due until July, was just updated to be here at the end of May.  I suspect they have increased production and are catching up on things.

Scarpad

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:32 am »
I woulds like a dot for my office but I can wait, in the meantime i picked up a tap and found it's filling alot of that niche since I can carry it easliy from room to room

leezard

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:35:18 pm »
My Dot was delivered today. Really liking it. Have it paired with a JBL Charge 2+ in my home office.

Kelleytoons

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:23:16 am »
My first one is arriving today and I'm excited (the second one is still scheduled now for end of May, although I'm actually thinking it might be even sooner now).