Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh

Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
I decided to get a Dot and returned my echo. Ordered the Dot but it is BO until middle of July. I thought I would buy one on Ebay knowing that I would have to pay some over the original cost. I had no idea that the average price that they are selling for is 165.00. I want one but not that badly! Does anyone know of any other place that I might find one?

Re: Went to buy the Echo Dot on Ebay - Uuuugh
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »
I decided to get a Dot and returned my echo. Ordered the Dot but it is BO until middle of July. I thought I would buy one on Ebay knowing that I would have to pay some over the original cost. I had no idea that the average price that they are selling for is 165.00. I want one but not that badly! Does anyone know of any other place that I might find one?

I doubt you will find one that is not being sold at a premium.  Hopefully Amazon will ramp up production and get you your dot before July. 

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 02:10:39 am »
Seriously, I would re-buy the Echo at these Dot prices, and especially if you have a 3-month wait for Dot from Amazon.  Who knows, there could be another sale on Echos again.  Now that I have all three gizmos, I feel they are all different and unique enough that having the Echo first, above all others does make perfect sense to me. 

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 07:00:49 am »
We already have an Echo in our Kitchen and one Dot in the bedroom. This one is for my Man Cave that also has a full bathroom attached that I use to get ready in the mornings. I have a BT speaker already that I will attach to the Dot.
I was able to find one for 135.00. For me it was worth the extra 38.00 dollars.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:34:42 am »
My order, not due until July, was just updated to be here at the end of May.  I suspect they have increased production and are catching up on things.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:32 am »
I woulds like a dot for my office but I can wait, in the meantime i picked up a tap and found it's filling alot of that niche since I can carry it easliy from room to room

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:35:18 pm »
My Dot was delivered today. Really liking it. Have it paired with a JBL Charge 2+ in my home office.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:23:16 am »
My first one is arriving today and I'm excited (the second one is still scheduled now for end of May, although I'm actually thinking it might be even sooner now).