Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Echo No Longer Says "______ Not Responding"

Echo No Longer Says "______ Not Responding"
« on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:02 pm »
At first, I was a little annoyed at my Echo saying something was not responding. Usually, it was because someone had switched off the device I was trying to control via my Echo. i.e. a lamp. I actually came to like the Echo telling me something was not responding since it meant something needed to be addressed. As of a couple of days ago, my Echo no longer tells me something is not responding. When the device (lamp) is turned off, it now just says "okay" when I ask to turn it on. I don't see anything in the settings and haven't changed anything. Anyone have an idea of how to change it back? Perhaps it's a Hue Philips light issue and not the Echo?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:34:06 pm by WilliamH4 »

Re: Echo No Longer Says "______ Not Responding"
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:22:54 pm »
I think it is a glitch in the system.  I has happened to me a couple of times lately too.  I just give the command a second time and it works.