Echo & Alexa Forums

HUE skill does not find Echo plus Hub?

jjq

HUE skill does not find Echo plus Hub?
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:58:53 pm »
Hi everyone,
Since the 25th Dec: all my Philips HUE bulbs were not recognised anymore.
After re-installing them (physically and through the app), no success so I disabled the HUE skill. Since then: impossible to enable the same HUE skill. Error message: HUE does not find a hub. But this is an 'Echo plus' with integrated HUB!!!
This was working perfectly fine before...

I sent several emails to the Alexa team. They called me on the 29th, tried pretty much everything with me even resetting the Echo plus, this dd not fix the issue!
The person over the phone told me she couldn't do anything else so will pass this onto another team which should b e able to help me.
Since then, they have not come back to me, they ignored my 2 other emails and this is of course still not working.

What has been done so far:
1-disable-enable the skill HUE
2-disconnect/reconnect the light bulbs
3-reset configuration of light bulbs in the app
4-remove the bulbs from the app + re-discovered them
4-reset configuration of the Echo plus (back to manufacturer settings)

Does anybody else have the same issue?
Do you have any idea of what I can do?

Thanks.JJ

Offline jwlv

Re: HUE skill does not find Echo plus Hub?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 05:20:41 pm »
It is my understanding that with the Echo Plus, you don't need to use a skill for devices that use a hub since it is automatically supported. And if you install the Hue skill, it expects to find a Hue hub.

But I don't own an Echo Plus or any Hue devices so I might be completely off base here.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 06:12:21 pm »
for clarification, did you install them in the hue app?  or directly to the echo plus?   you kept saying app but did not specify which one.   the hue skill is only for the hue bridge and you won't need the hue app. 

just a fyi, there was a glitch in the hue cloud on the 25th and a lot of users could not use their bulbs.   It fixed itself.  apparently there was an holiday surge of new connections they were not expecting. 

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:18 am »
I'm just wondering why you must have the hue skill? It works without it right? Or do you mean routine?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:30:07 am »
The Hue bulbs will work directly from the Echo plus, but in limited fashioned. The Hue bridge will offer up more functionality... with the Hue App, through the Skills section. Hue is a pretty full featured app for their bulbs (used with the Hue Bridge). The Echo built in stuff doesn't offer as much... but it will operate the Hue bulbs minimally at the very least...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!