Echo & Alexa Forums

Take a look at "Roger - Next Level Voice" (Android)

Iamok2go

Re: Take a look at "Roger - Next Level Voice" (Android)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 04:22:24 am »
I hope you guys don't mind, but I took the liberty of inviting Ricardo (I mailed their help line yesterday)...

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »
A great idea, and why would anybody "mind"?  Well, guess we will find out soon enough who minds .

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:38 am »
Roger and ZIP codes:

Rodger still playing well with Alexa.  BTW, it doesn't matter how many Alexa devices we have, because Roger is like adding another Echo device to your collection.  So, when I could not figure out how to get the correct weather for my town instead of the nearby the big city, I found the answer why in the Alexa app.  After adding Roger app, two more devices got added to my Alexa Settings menu; Roger and 2nd Roger, which happens to be the iPhone and the iPad. So, I looked into the settings for each and both had the wrong zip code, so corrected Alexa app zip code for each Roger, and now I get the correct weather report, and anything else Alexa uses the zip code info for.

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 05:03:15 am »
OK, Gang, I got Roger installed on both an iPad and an iPhone this morning, but I was having issues, and eventually tapped "chat with someone" in Roger app and lo and behold I was chatting via Roger with Ricardo -- the Roger founder who posted the message right above this one!  I told him one reason I wanted to use Roger was for the tie-in with Alexa.  I never mentioned this forum to him at all.  He is a sharp guy and came here on his own.

Anyway. thanks again for all the help, Ricardo!

Also, I came here today  to give a big Thumbs Up to the Roger app.  I have not used it for conversations yet, other than the ones I had with Ricardo, and the sound quality is great. 

What I have been exploring now is Roger and the Alexa app integration.  It works fine, too.  It does things that the Alexa app really ought to do, like I ask Alexa the time, the weather today, the 7-day forecast and Alexa responds in her voice to answer the questions within the Roger app.  It even told me the score of the Yankee-Mariner ball game right after the game ended.  It read me my shopping list and to-do list.

What it cannot do is play Prime music or TuneIn radio; (says not supported) but maybe someday it can do this, too.

After installing Roger, I have a few pointers.

1.  Install it first on the device you most often will use, and get it running well before you install it on another device (i.e. install on iPhone first, then the iPad.)

2. If you have any issues installing/using Roger, tap on "chat with someone" and don't uninstall app and try to re-install, as that caused me problems.

3.  Tap to chat with Ricardo; he has inadvertently volunteered to be this forum's default "Roger Guru" by posting his message here!   ;)

Ricardo, again thanks for helping me out today and stopping by this forum to introduce yourself.

OK, everyone, get Roger installed; you will like it.

for clarificaion, are you says Roger is doing that  over your phone when you are not home?  If so, is alexa also speaking at home at the same time?

mike27oct

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 11:45:47 am »
It does it on a iPhone or iPad, both of which have Roger installed.  Since it is an over the internet kind of connection, yes, it will do it when not on the home network, like on cell data, a hotspot, another Wi-Fi network,etc.

The Echos at home say/do nothing.  It is like having another Alexa in my mobile devices.  My phone IS a stripped down Alexa device with Roger installed.  It's basically the speaking features of Alexa, like news, sports, weather, traffic, etc.  I was told by Ricardo they are working with Amazon to add more features.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:04:45 pm by mike27oct »

Hgmobile

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 01:51:54 pm »
I just added Roger to an iPhone and was able to use it to control Lutron Caseta installation .
I can control individual lights, off/on and brightness level
I can do the same with groups (created in the Allexa settings- not groups in Lutron App)
Off/on and brightness.

Interesting that I can say light/group name brightness xx% and the lights will come on at that %'age instead of the default full percentage.

Floridadomer

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 01:13:21 pm »
I tried Roger and it just wasn't for me. My question is this:
In my Alexa app it shows Roger as one of my devices and I can't figure out how to delete it out of the list. Does anyone know how to do this?

mike27oct

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 01:29:26 pm »
I would imagine you would just completely uninstall the app from your mobile device.  If you ever decide to re-install it you would respond (when asked to create an account )that you already have one so you are not assigned one again.

Anyway, I am not the guru for this app, so in the Roger app settings, tap your user name; there is a choice to "talk to us", tap it and see the folks that can help, select one and call and leave a Roger message, and someone will get back to you.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 01:36:26 pm »
Does anyone know how to do this?

IIRC, you have to go to your profile under amazon.com. In your devices section you can then delete the Roger device.

I also think it should be clear on Roger's web site how to delete your account with them. At this point the only alternative is to email them with a request.

Floridadomer

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »
THANK YOU!

ricardovice

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »
Does anyone know how to do this?

IIRC, you have to go to your profile under amazon.com. In your devices section you can then delete the Roger device.

I also think it should be clear on Roger's web site how to delete your account with them. At this point the only alternative is to email them with a request.

Roger behaves like another Echo device (in fact it allows you to use Alexa and its skills even without owning an Echo to begin with) so if you want to disable it, you have to do so on your Amazon account here https://www.amazon.com/ap/adam

Everything you talk on Roger gets expired and deleted after 48h, hence we don't get many requests to delete accounts. If you'd like to do so anyway, please email us at hello@rogertalk.com and we'd be happy to assist.

Floridadomer

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »
I guess I didn't explain this very well. In the Alexa app and go Settings-it has a list of Alexa devices, In that list it says Deans Roger (offline)
I am wanting to try to get that off of that list. I did use the link that you provided and deleted the device but it still is showing on my list in the app.
Thanks again for everyones help.

ricardovice

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »
I guess I didn't explain this very well. In the Alexa app and go Settings-it has a list of Alexa devices, In that list it says Deans Roger (offline)
I am wanting to try to get that off of that list. I did use the link that you provided and deleted the device but it still is showing on my list in the app.
Thanks again for everyones help.

Oh, unsure why that is, but will let Amazon know!

Either way, if you did remove from the Amazon account, then Roger does no longer have any access to your Alexa account, so I'm assuming it's just a caching issue.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 05:56:39 pm by ricardovice »

Floridadomer

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 05:51:19 pm »
Thank you but I would rather lay in a bed of fire ants than own any apple devices. That's why my email is Allandroid247@gmail.com. I own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, a much superior phone than any iphone.
Anyways, thank you again for your help.

ricardovice

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 05:56:19 pm »
Thank you but I would rather lay in a bed of fire ants than own any apple devices. That's why my email is Allandroid247@gmail.com. I own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, a much superior phone than any iphone.
Anyways, thank you again for your help.

My bad I actually meant Amazon :)

PS just fixed the post above