Echo & Alexa Forums

Take a look at "Roger - Next Level Voice" (Android)

mike27oct

Re: Take a look at "Roger - Next Level Voice" (Android)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2016, 08:06:00 pm »
Oh, I got confused with all the talk about apple, and then saw the correction made.  Whew; thought I was losing it!

Speaking of Apple, I would rather lay on a bed of ants than own an Apple computer (over priced, and all the other reasons).  Actually, they invented the smart phone and tablet for the most part, and although I am not an Apple fanboy at all, I do have the iPhone and iPad, and I believe the apps for them are better presented than ones for Android.  I also have Kindle tablets, and since it is android-based, I find many same apps made for either platform are just better in iOS version.

But, when it comes to beds of ants, I would agree to owning an Apple computer than a Windows phone.  Why?  It seems nobody wants to make apps for the things.  Apps are mostly made for iOS and Android platforms.  Since the Windows phone still only has about 4% share of the smartphone market, app makers avoid it.  Why would anyone in their right mind want to make apps for such a poorly adopted phone?  The answer: Nobody!  At major company forums for major products, Windows phone users whine about why no app for their Windows phone?  Well, because these companies are not stupid; why make an app for a product that hardly sells; even after over two years since introduction. 

BTW, Ricardo, when will there be a Roger app for the AMAZON Kindle tablets?

ricardovice

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 05:38:07 pm »
Good question Mike

We're not working on it at the moment so hard to tell, but will investigate/discuss with the team. Thanks for suggesting!

mike27oct

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »
Glad I thoughtta that!  Especially since Echos and Kindles have the same parentage at Amazon.  Remind your team that since you have already created an Android app, and the Kindle uses an Amazon-version of Android, they can create the Kindle app in the same time it takes for their lunch breaks.  ;)

DParker

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 08:28:04 pm »
Remind your team that since you have already created an Android app, and the Kindle uses an Amazon-version of Android, they can create the Kindle app in the same time it takes for their lunch breaks.  ;)

ricardovice

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 10:57:50 pm »
hehe

True, that's not how it works :)

mike27oct

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2016, 12:31:53 am »
I guess I did not get the memo.  Thanks for letting me know.  :'(

Ultramanv

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2016, 09:41:17 am »
Roger or Ricardo.. Great app ! Going to be very useful and will be great to see what other functions you incorp into it .. One question or suggestion..  Being the watches are becoming more popular do you you have any plans on making the app work on the either android or Apple watches.. ? Maybe in the future :). Thanks again ! :)

ricardovice

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 11:49:22 am »
Yes, at some point soon :)

marcwohler

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 09:29:09 pm »

Roger has joined my household along with Alexa. Trying to figure out how to charge them rent.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2016, 09:58:43 am »

Hi everyone, Roger co-founder here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

@Ricardo

Any plans for Android Auto support? Seems like the current messaging APIs could be used. This would be the first app in Google Play that could support some form of home control/reporting from within Android Auto!