Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

NuHeat thermostat

NuHeat thermostat
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:55:53 pm »
Hello.  I just connected my Nuheat infloor heating thermostat to Alexa.  I was wondering if there is a way to find out what commands it will take.  I want to set my floor temperature to 70 but I want it to be on the permanent hold but can't figure out if it will accept a command to do that.

Thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: NuHeat thermostat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 12:52:36 am »
Alexa will not set a permanent hold on any thermostat. You can ask for a specific temperature (Alexa set home temperature to 72) but if your thermostat has a daily or weekly program, it'll change the temperature to the program at its programmed time & day. Basically the thermostat's program will override whatever Alexa has set the temperature to.

Re: NuHeat thermostat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 03:58:02 pm »
Hello.  I just connected my Nuheat infloor heating thermostat to Alexa.  I was wondering if there is a way to find out what commands it will take.  I want to set my floor temperature to 70 but I want it to be on the permanent hold but can't figure out if it will accept a command to do that.

Thanks

see the following for the commands your thermostat will take. 

https://www.nuheat.com/products/thermostats/works-with-amazon-alexa