Echo & Alexa Forums

SmartLife compatible switch and timers (delays)

SylvainG

SmartLife compatible switch and timers (delays)
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:15:09 pm »
Not sure where to post this since I can't even find a forum on the Internet dedicated to SmartLife apps, although it seems quite popular app (on Amazon at least).

Anyway, I have a WiFi smart switch enrolled into SmartLife and would like the switch (light) to cut its power when it's been on for let's say 30 minutes. So what I did is create a "Smart" where when that specific light is turned on, it starts a delay of 30 minutes then turns off that specific switch (ie, light). This works well when the light is turned on and left on. After 30 minutes, it will turn off as intended. But trouble arises when the light is manually turned off within that 30 minutes counter. The counter seems to keep counting and if the light is turned back on with let's say 5 minutes left in the counter, the light will turn off after those 5 minutes instead of 30 minutes I would like.

Anybody knows of to circumvent that?

Thanks!

Re: SmartLife compatible switch and timers (delays)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 04:56:25 am »
have you checked ifttt to see if there is a recipe there that can help

SylvainG

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:51 am »
I thought about IFTTT (SmartLife to have a plugin for them) but would prefer a one solution approach than one to turn on the switch and another to turn them off. It might end up being the only viable solution though...

SylvainG

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »
IFTTT doesn't support timers from what I could gather so nope, can't use IFTTT for that  :(

SylvainG

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 07:51:58 pm »
Got it to work using IFTTT and Stringify. Stringify is missing the SmartLife integration so that's why IFTTT, which has SmartLife integration comes in...

https://forums.stringify.com/t/timer-to-turn-off-a-light-after-a-certain-time-on/5853/4?u=gagnon.sylvain