Echo & Alexa Forums

Beep upon Volume Change Request

Ccabw

Beep upon Volume Change Request
« on: January 03, 2019, 02:59:30 am »
Hi All, looking for some technical help please....

Got our first Echo 2 years back & now have 4.  We're experiencing differences between units when requesting a Volume Change....  i.e. "Alexa, Volume Up" & Alexa responds with a "Beep" at the new volume.

We now have a Show, a Spot, an Echo G1 &  Dot.

Our Show & Dot do this at each & every request but the Echo G1 never Beeps at Vol Change request & the Spot does it randomly i.e. sometimes it will beep after a Volume change request & sometimes not.

The settings in both the Android App & the Web login are the same for each device, Firmware is up to date & all devices have been power cycled.  I cannot see any specific setting or tick box for "Beep on Volume Change" hence looking for some help :-)

NB - I'm not referring to the settings for Beep at Start & End of request - this setting is OFF for all units....

Thanks!

Offline jwlv

Re: Beep upon Volume Change Request
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:33:21 am »
I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with the "brief mode."

Ccabw

Re: Beep upon Volume Change Request
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:28:40 am »
Thanks for your response....

I've just tried turning on Brief Mode & did a few tests - as to be expected the "Ok" was replaced with a "Bing Bong" however on the Echo G1 the Beep on a Volume Change request was still absent.

I then turned OFF Brief Mode & tried again - Show all ok but G1 sadly still no Beep on Vol Change request.....

So, basically no change either way.

UPDATE - just had a brain storm & wondered if the Spot issue was "O'Clock" related?  Set a manual "Night Mode" to include "NOW" & sure enough, no beep on Vol Change request.  Change the Night Mode back to Auto (in daylight) & the Beep on Vol Change comes back :-) Well that's sorted the Spot - just the Echo G1 to sort now :-)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:44:17 am by Ccabw »