Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Beep upon Volume Change Request

Beep upon Volume Change Request
« on: January 03, 2019, 02:59:30 am »
Hi All, looking for some technical help please....

Got our first Echo 2 years back & now have 4.  We're experiencing differences between units when requesting a Volume Change....  i.e. "Alexa, Volume Up" & Alexa responds with a "Beep" at the new volume.

We now have a Show, a Spot, an Echo G1 &  Dot.

Our Show & Dot do this at each & every request but the Echo G1 never Beeps at Vol Change request & the Spot does it randomly i.e. sometimes it will beep after a Volume change request & sometimes not.

The settings in both the Android App & the Web login are the same for each device, Firmware is up to date & all devices have been power cycled.  I cannot see any specific setting or tick box for "Beep on Volume Change" hence looking for some help :-)

NB - I'm not referring to the settings for Beep at Start & End of request - this setting is OFF for all units....

Thanks!

Offline jwlv

Re: Beep upon Volume Change Request
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:33:21 am »
I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with the "brief mode."

Re: Beep upon Volume Change Request
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:28:40 am »
Thanks for your response....

I've just tried turning on Brief Mode & did a few tests - as to be expected the "Ok" was replaced with a "Bing Bong" however on the Echo G1 the Beep on a Volume Change request was still absent.

I then turned OFF Brief Mode & tried again - Show all ok but G1 sadly still no Beep on Vol Change request.....

So, basically no change either way.

UPDATE - just had a brain storm & wondered if the Spot issue was "O'Clock" related?  Set a manual "Night Mode" to include "NOW" & sure enough, no beep on Vol Change request.  Change the Night Mode back to Auto (in daylight) & the Beep on Vol Change comes back :-) Well that's sorted the Spot - just the Echo G1 to sort now :-)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:44:17 am by Ccabw »