Echo & Alexa Forums

Skills - french or English?

Rubybay97

Skills - french or English?
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:15:37 pm »
Hi. I live in France but have my echos set up in English (app as well) but when I look at skills it is only offering me french ones. In particular I want BBC news but would also like to browse other English skills.... I use my Amazon account to log in to .co.uk site as well as .fr site . Any ideas? Tia

dragon123

Re: Skills - french or English?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:39:17 am »
The account which you use when setting up your echo is the one whose store you're stuck with.
No idea about the situation in France but here in The Netherlands most people I know use the USA or the UK store, because of missing skills in the Dutch store. I do, because I need the harmony skill. However, this way you miss out on local stuff  :'( (unless someone is nice enough to publish their skill in other stores as well, dome Dutch news organizations have, yay).

Would be nice if amazon figured out the internet is GLOBAL, right  ::)

Re: Skills - french or English?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:02:59 pm »
The account which you use when setting up your echo is the one whose store you're stuck with.
No idea about the situation in France but here in The Netherlands most people I know use the USA or the UK store, because of missing skills in the Dutch store. I do, because I need the harmony skill. However, this way you miss out on local stuff  :'( (unless someone is nice enough to publish their skill in other stores as well, dome Dutch news organizations have, yay).

Would be nice if amazon figured out the internet is GLOBAL, right  ::)

I agree, it would be nice.  just too many individual countries laws, copyrights, trademarks, treaties, regulations, royalties, hand greasing etc...sometimes it takes forever just to get through the paperwork. 

I agree with what you say, when it comes to accessing amazon, it is one of the other.  extremely difficult to do more than one at this time.   my suggestion would be to contact the developer and see they can get the version needed. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:06:45 pm by renegade600 »