Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

New Receiver

New Receiver
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:42:50 pm »
If I purchase a New Receiver that is WiFi and or Bluetooth capable, do I still need to physically connect my Echo Dot with a 3.5 cord OR can I then do it via WiFi or Bluetooth. The new Receiver will still be hardwired to the Ceiling Speakers that I have throughout our house and I will want Alexa to play music over these speakers.  Thank you

Re: New Receiver
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:13:22 pm »
you should be able to connect via bluetooth.  you will not with wifi.

Re: New Receiver
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:39:36 pm »
If I purchase a New Receiver that is WiFi and or Bluetooth capable, do I still need to physically connect my Echo Dot with a 3.5 cord OR can I then do it via WiFi or Bluetooth. The new Receiver will still be hardwired to the Ceiling Speakers that I have throughout our house and I will want Alexa to play music over these speakers.  Thank you

What kind of receiver did you get? Some receiver have wireless services. I bought a Yamaha which has MusicCast.