Echo & Alexa Forums

After Echo paired with a spkr, Echo does not play the sound, just the spkr. Anyw

ShellyF

After Echo paired with a speaker, Echo does not play the sound, just the speaker. ANY WAY FOR BOTH TO PLAY at same time? Options?

Offline jwlv

After Echo paired with a speaker, Echo does not play the sound, just the speaker. ANY WAY FOR BOTH TO PLAY at same time? Options?

Nope. It's one or the other. But not both.

asianrocker

Yap in BT. Normally it's one or other. My Samsung TV though has an option to play simultaneously. So it's cool.

I found even in casting music from.my windows 10 laptop. It's the same no sound is coming from my.laptop. I am trying to find what to do so it will play simultaneously.

buffaloquinn

There is no way to do it on most Bluetooth devices. The reason the TV can is it's routing only ONE of its audio channels through Bluetooth.
There is one possible way you could accomplish something similar. If you use the audio out port with a splitter. One plugged into a speaker at the Echo, the other into a Bluetooth transmitter which you could then connect to your bluetooth speaker. Technically the sound won't be coming directly from the Echo, but if the object is to get the sound in two different places, this would work.