Echo & Alexa Forums

Dot gen 2 and Netflix

Andy

Dot gen 2 and Netflix
« on: December 28, 2018, 06:35:38 pm »
Hi all - i have tried to get Alexa to find progs on netflix but she says she can but then does not?- also the dot is eratic with tv volumes one time she will do it the next not?- any thoughts?- thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: Dot gen 2 and Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 07:10:49 pm »
I'm pretty certain that no Echo device can control your TV's volume on its own. You would most likely need an added accessory such as Logitech Harmony, Broadlink RM Pro, or some other IR control unit.

There is a Toshiba television that has Fire TV integration built-in. This type of integration is much more seamless and most TV controls can be voice commanded. This is a custom version that's Toshiba and Amazon put together. TV's that use a Fire Stick, Fire Cube, or any other type of HDMI attachment will not be fully controlled by voice.
Here's a Toshiba TV with Fire TV built in. https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-32LF221U19-32-inch-720p-Smart/dp/B07FPT358X

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 07:17:42 pm »
Hi all - i have tried to get Alexa to find progs on netflix but she says she can but then does not?- also the dot is eratic with tv volumes one time she will do it the next not?- any thoughts?- thanks

you did not say what device you are playing netflix on.   It makes a major difference as to what alexa can do.   for example, on my device alexa cannot do anything for netflix.    also you might want to mention what country you are in since there are also differences. 

Andy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 01:51:50 am »
Cheers guys my tv is a jvc 50 inch smart tv im in the Uk- alexa started changing the volumw when i asked but then stopped doing it.