Echo & Alexa Forums

Remote for Spot?

crocky

Remote for Spot?
« on: July 15, 2018, 10:31:06 am »
Does anyone know if there will be a remote added to the spot?

Offline jwlv

Re: Remote for Spot?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 02:16:35 am »
So far I have not seen anything regarding a remote for the Spot. But since it's pretty much just like any other Echo device, I don't see why Amazon wouldn't support it. I don't own a Spot. But just out of curiosity, if you were to go to the Settings of the Spot (from the Alexa app), is there an option to pair/connect a remote?

crocky

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:44:37 pm »
Nothing in the settings area of the Alexa app on the iPad!

Since the spot I have also got a new show and tried the remote with that and it works but like the spot there does not appear to be a connected remote....?

I think I will play some more, I wonder if it something to do with where I am? The remote’s are not mentioned down here...

crocky

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 01:42:57 am »
Nothing in the settings area of the Alexa app on the iPad!

Since the spot I have also got a new show and tried the remote with that and it works but like the spot there does not appear to be a connected remote....?

I think I will play some more, I wonder if it something to do with where I am? The remote’s are not mentioned down here...

In the settings for the show and the spot on the individual device’s there is a setting for remote control, setup the remote control and hold the play button for 5 seconds or until it says paired and you are good to go. It thinks it is a remote for Amazon tv... I now have all three of them working 😉 and I don’t need to use Alexa....