Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Settings not holding

Settings not holding
« on: December 27, 2018, 05:04:25 pm »
I have set up my Echo to control my. Harmony Hub. I installed both the Harmony Skills and arrived at a situation where I didn't have to say, "Alexa, tell Harmony to pause", but just "Alexa, pause". Then, the next day, I was back to having to say the whole "tell Harmony" thing. I reset the Echo, reinstalled everything etc. Same thing. Back to the whole spiel again. The settings just aren't holding. Any ideas?

Re: Settings not holding
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 02:43:11 am »
You only have one harmony hub right? If so, better only install the blue harmony skill. The red one behaves slightly different and is now purely meant for a 2nd hub so in your case could confuse things.

If all else fails, you could always use the Yonomi skill as a workaround.
My Alexa stuff:
Echo Show, Echo Spot, 4 Echo Dots, Fire TV, Fire tablet,
Vobot Alarmclock, Logitech Harmony Hub, house full of Hue lights,
Ring 1+2 doorbells, Tado smart thermostat, Plex server.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 08:53:04 am »
If all else fails, you could always use the Yonomi skill as a workaround.

How does the Yonomi skill work?  I've heard of it but never used it.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »
Dragon123 - thanks for replying so quickly. How would you recommend I do this? Start from scratch or just uninstall the second Harmony skill?