Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

How do you ask Echo what is playing?

Offline xFlip

« on: December 27, 2018, 10:07:53 am »

For example, a radio station that the Echo is playing or an album.

Re: How do you ask Echo what is playing?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
If it's Amazon music, "Alexa, what song is this" generally works. Can't swear it will work with other streams.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:50:28 pm »
You mean like, newly acquired by Apple, Shazam, right? I use to use Shazam all the time when they had a link to Amazon Music, now . . . . I use it to get the title then ask Echo to play the song and then add it to my playlists.

So I want to know the same. I have heard that it can be done with an Echo BUT I have yet to find the magic words/code to do it.

P.S.
Shazam failed me 90% of the time anyway Apple can have it.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 07:56:43 am »
I usually find "Alexa, what's playing?" works with Amazon Music. With radio stations it will normally only give you the name of the station and I don't think there's a way round that.

Offline xFlip

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:53:01 am »
What do I ask if I want to know which radio station, podcast or music album Alexa is playing?

I sometimes tell Alexa to "continue" and if I hear something interesting then I want to know how where it is coming from so I can hear it again at another time.