Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa not finding songs on spotify

Alexa not finding songs on spotify
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:17:42 pm »
Hi all.

First post. Think right section but happy to relocate if not.

I'm having trouble with getting Alexa to play certain bands on Spotify.

I know for a fact that they are on spotify, and can locate them manually using the spotify app. However, im asking Alexa to find them using the same term I searched for on spotify and she keeps telling me she cant find music by so-and-so artist. Usually she has recognized the correct artist I've asked for so I cannot understand why she could not find them.

I'm guessing others have had this issue. How did you go about getting Alexa to find stuff?

One example is I am trying to get her to play music by the band HIM. If I ask for the band, she seems to think i am asking for "The Hymns" despite very clearly not saying "The". She also cannot find any albums or specific songs when i ask for them instead of the artist.

There are a number of other bands which she is not finding either. Most frustrating.

Re: Alexa not finding songs on spotify
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:50:55 pm »
I am also having this problem. I can ask for a particular piece of music or song which I know is on Spotify -  I have listened to it through my PC. But Alexa says, "I cannot find xxx "
Needless to say, Spotify is set as default music on Alexa.
PLEASE does anyone have the answer to this?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:13:10 pm »
what is the exact command you are giving asking for the specific music?

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 01:09:09 pm »
I say (for example), "Alexa, play Richard Rodger's Victory at Sea".  She replies that she can't find it - but it is in my Spotify library.  This happens with many items which are in my library.
I know the device is linked to Spotify, because it will play many other songs, music etc from Spotify. It also 'cannot find' many other well-known classical pieces.