Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)

snowdrop

Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
« on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:37 am »
son has decided I needed new technology so has bought me a Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation), so setup and linked to laptop, tablets and phone, unlike him I don't have the latest gadgets, ie smart tv, my query is when I switch laptop, tablet etc., on or off, the echo dot tells me I am doing this, as if I didn't know, after all I have switched the things on/off, how do I turn this voice notification option off, all help and advice appreciated

Re: Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:27:42 pm »
you can go to settings, voice responses (on pc) and change it.  should be in a similar location on phone app. 

snowdrop

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:16:45 pm »
thank you renegade600, I have found how to change the voice but there uis no option for voice responses that I can find, a search shows no results

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:20:05 pm »
if you go where I told you, you can turn off the voice and just get a beep.

finally got up and checked it on the phone.  wow, did not know there is that much of a difference between the app and the browser page.

settings - alexa account - alexa voice responses and select brief mode.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:27:11 pm by renegade600 »

snowdrop

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:54 am »
thank you renegade600,, my laptop is an acer aspire and my phone is a galaxy s7, can't find the settings you mention, there is no alexa account showing but have played around so hopefully I have found it, we shall see, I did activate the s7 voice and couldn't get it off quick enough, what an irritation

snowdrop

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:06:47 am »
no, not found settings, alexa is still telling me what I already know