Echo & Alexa Forums

Stop making calls to inlaws

Bosakie

Stop making calls to inlaws
« on: January 06, 2019, 12:17:48 pm »
We have two echo views. Love them and they function as expected, except.

We purchased an echo spot for our grand children to call us because the live 5.5 hours away.

So here is the current configuration

We don’t want drop in because we don’t want to drop in on anyone and we don’t want anyone dropping in on us unless we can answere accept or hang up.

We do have bothe echo views on our account and we can make calls to each other without a problem. The echo spot is on a totaly separate account.

The problem,  when my grandchildren call us and we don’t get their in time to answere or we ar not home to answer it rings at our in-laws house. Can we stop that?  If the grandchildren ask to call grandpa they should either get grandpa or it times out. They did not ask for our in-laws. Btw, the contact list in the echo spot is George for me and that is what they use to call me. Not shire why it goes to the second device at the in-laws

Re: Stop making calls to inlaws
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:18:58 pm »
something else must be happening there is no call forwarding with the echo.   try changing the name in the contact list.   my suggestion would be to contact amazon customer service.