Echo & Alexa Forums

Household profiles and skills question

Hgmobile

Household profiles and skills question
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:20:25 pm »
Looking at obtaining a second echo or tap. I have not seen any discussion of skills between profiles. Do the skills loaded on first unit and profile automatically become part of the 2nd profile the second echo or tap or does the second profile need to enable these skills?

Thanks in advance

DParker

Re: Household profiles and skills question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 01:42:10 pm »
Looking at obtaining a second echo or tap. I have not seen any discussion of skills between profiles. Do the skills loaded on first unit and profile automatically become part of the 2nd profile the second echo or tap or does the second profile need to enable these skills?

Thanks in advance

The enabling of skills appears to be tied to your account as a whole, rather than an individual device or profile.  I say that because skill enabling is done via the app, and is not subordinate to profile settings.  Also, every skill I've added has been accessible regardless of which Echo we use, or which profile it's currently operating under.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 01:43:15 pm »
skills is part of your account.  as long as you use the same account on the different echo devices, you can use them.

Hgmobile

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »
Thanks for the fast answers - was actually hoping that skills would be independent.

stusviews

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:13:14 pm »
You can have independent skills if you create an account for each Echo and/or Dot.