Echo & Alexa Forums

Default speaker with Audible

AgnosticOracle

Default speaker with Audible
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:52:26 pm »
I've got a echo dot and a Sonos speaker. I've got them both in a single room (literal and software) with the sonos speaker defined as the default speaker. This works great for "Alexa, play [band I want to listen to]". However, it doesn't work if I say "Alexa, read [audible book I want to listen too]". Instead it just reads it on the echo dot.

Is there a way to do this, or do I have to (*staples hand to forehead) say "Alexa, read [audible book I want to listen too] in [Room I am in]"?

dragon123

Re: Default speaker with Audible
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:25:52 am »
I think you're running into one of the limitations of not using 'original' alexa devices.
Music integration is a lot better than other 'stuff', an audiobook isn't music. I read something about this last week when reading about music groups, not sure where though.

Re: Default speaker with Audible
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:11:40 pm »
audiobooks may not be music but if it is save in the same format, it should.  I don't use audible but I do listen to audiobooks using bluetooth speakers.  Maybe i it has something to do with the drm from audible.   if you had not already done so, sonos has their own community and see if they can give a more definite answer.