Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Default speaker with Audible

Default speaker with Audible
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:52:26 pm »
I've got a echo dot and a Sonos speaker. I've got them both in a single room (literal and software) with the sonos speaker defined as the default speaker. This works great for "Alexa, play [band I want to listen to]". However, it doesn't work if I say "Alexa, read [audible book I want to listen too]". Instead it just reads it on the echo dot.

Is there a way to do this, or do I have to (*staples hand to forehead) say "Alexa, read [audible book I want to listen too] in [Room I am in]"?

Re: Default speaker with Audible
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:25:52 am »
I think you're running into one of the limitations of not using 'original' alexa devices.
Music integration is a lot better than other 'stuff', an audiobook isn't music. I read something about this last week when reading about music groups, not sure where though.
My Alexa stuff:
Echo Show, Echo Spot, 4 Echo Dots, Fire TV, Fire tablet,
Vobot Alarmclock, Logitech Harmony Hub, house full of Hue lights,
Ring 1+2 doorbells, Tado smart thermostat, Plex server.

Re: Default speaker with Audible
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 06:11:40 pm »
audiobooks may not be music but if it is save in the same format, it should.  I don't use audible but I do listen to audiobooks using bluetooth speakers.  Maybe i it has something to do with the drm from audible.   if you had not already done so, sonos has their own community and see if they can give a more definite answer.