Echo & Alexa Forums

multiroom with yamaha musiccast and echo?

Markhamstreet

multiroom with yamaha musiccast and echo?
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:59 am »
I have 2 Yamaha Musiccast units that can stream music from services individually/independently or multiroom. I recently added an echo to my home. I can play it on it's own.  I can also send simple alexa commands to Musiccast - "Alexa, tell musiccast to play my favourite Spotify list in the kitchen."  But I cant find a way for Alexa to tell musiccast to go multi-room with the echo itself. 
To be clear, Im not using bluetooth here. I can have the Musiccast units play from different streams, and can have echo play from yet another stream. But I cant figure out a way to do this:
"Alexa, tell Musiccast in the kitchen (and living room) to play what you are playing."

Isnt there some way for musiccast units and echo units be simultaneously multiroom?

dragon123

Re: multiroom with yamaha musiccast and echo?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »
You can link echo and non-echo using an audio cable that should support muklti-room music. Using bt it is one or the other.

blackbeagle

Re: multiroom with yamaha musiccast and echo?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:12:41 am »
I have 2 Yamaha Musiccast units that can stream music from services individually/independently or multiroom. I recently added an echo to my home. I can play it on it's own.  I can also send simple alexa commands to Musiccast - "Alexa, tell musiccast to play my favourite Spotify list in the kitchen."  But I cant find a way for Alexa to tell musiccast to go multi-room with the echo itself. 
To be clear, Im not using bluetooth here. I can have the Musiccast units play from different streams, and can have echo play from yet another stream. But I cant figure out a way to do this:
"Alexa, tell Musiccast in the kitchen (and living room) to play what you are playing."

Isnt there some way for musiccast units and echo units be simultaneously multiroom?

Perhaps you are ahead of me and can help. I have already linked my Echo to my Yamaha RX V683. So I can say, "Alexa, turn on living room" and the receiver will turn on. I can then select music from my phone/server/Pandora/etc and it will play. However, I just want to be able to turn the receiver on and say, "Alexa...play Heavy Metal music" and have it play through the Yamaha, rather than the Echo.

Do you know how you can do that?