Echo & Alexa Forums

"away" lighting

kevin1844

"away" lighting
« on: December 13, 2018, 10:32:44 am »
I have several Hue lights, some WeMo switches, and some other brand of switch that I use to control my lighting. Is there a skill that will randomly control the different lights to look like we're home when we're away? I can see that Hue has something, but that only covers the Hue lights.

Re: "away" lighting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:07:06 pm »
look in their specific apps.  I know you can do it with both hue and wemo. 

Offline kenf

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »
I believe what you need is Alexa's Guard update to come out:
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazons-alexa-guard-can-alert-you-if-an-echo-detects-smoke-alarm-breaking-glass/

it's more than noise detection, it includes the turning on of lights while you are away.

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:17:32 pm »
The Kasa app for TP-Link smart plugs has an “Away” setting within the app.

buffaloquinn

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:06:07 pm »
Alexa routines can be run on schedules now, including options to repeat daily. You could set up a few of them to turn on different lights at different times of the day and vray the routine on different days,

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 05:18:13 am »
Alexa routines can be run on schedules now, including options to repeat daily. You could set up a few of them to turn on different lights at different times of the day and vray the routine on different days,

\yea, there are so many different ways to do it now and more in the future that the hard part is to decide on the setup  :-)