Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

interesting morning with wemo

interesting morning with wemo
« on: December 09, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »
Interesting morning so far with wemo.  I think the power fluctuated overnight because of the ice storm.  got up and had some issues with alexa.  fixed most of them except everything with wemo switches.  for whatever reason, they cannot be seen with alexa or google home.  the funny thing is, every once in a while, when I try turning on different things with alexa, something else will turn on.  for example, tell it to turn on the night stand and it turns on a computer, tell it to turn on the kitchen sink light, and it turns the bathroom light on  :-)  never had that happen to me before.  No problem at all using the wemo app.   alexa app shows them disconnected.  discovery did not work.    Think I am going to wait a couple of hours before doing anymore in case there is a cloud server issue. 

Re: interesting morning with wemo
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 04:25:58 am »
just to update, it took a couple of hours for the wemos to start working with google home and it took a whole lot longer for them to work with alexa.  good thing, it was getting frustrating since I really only use alexa and would give it the non working commands first. 

on a side note that has absolutely nothing to do with alexa.  I learned a lesson today.  Never park under a shedding tree when there is an ice storm.   My car looked funny with all the leaves embedded in the ice on the hood and roof of it.   bit embarrassed driving around in it and the local car wash was closed for the cold.