Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple echos, music tied to each one for individual choices...

Christopherm01

Multiple echos, music tied to each one for individual choices...
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »
So currently have Spotify uk...family plan premium...
I have took out the family plan so that te members of the family at home can have their own playlists etc...
Turns out that because Amazon only allow two different echo devices to be classed as a household, the family plan can’t actually work.
If all Echos are registered to my email address then you can only add one more adult to the Amazon household, providing them with their own email account access so they can then access Spotify family premium.
The rest of the echos in the house have to stay on my email details and account or they won’t ‘talk’ to each other as echos...eg shared access to shopping lists or the drop in feature to work as an intercom.
So it seems the Spotify family idea doesn’t work based on Amazon echo devices...unless someone can tell me where I’m going wrong?
As an alternative amazon music unlimited family. Same price. But again how does the echo recognise individual accounts to access personalised playlists as promised in the blurb for six people to an actual echo...eg daughter in her room and wife in kitchen and me in the office?
Help!!!
Thanks.

mr_a

Re: Multiple echos, music tied to each one for individual choices...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 12:18:37 pm »
I have a similar issue. We have four echo devices and can only have two adult amazon accounts in the household. The child accounts cannot logon to the amazon echo app so the echos can't switch to these accounts. Would also consider moving from spotify to amazon music unlimited family. Did you find a solution?