Echo & Alexa Forums

Integrating my Echo with my Home Stereo System

sgs201550

Integrating my Echo with my Home Stereo System
« on: December 08, 2018, 09:43:11 am »
I have speakers throughout my house in the ceiling.  They are older and connect to the "OUT" of an Onkyo receiver via two wires that are for the right and left channel.  One wire is white and the other red. 

Ultimately, what I want to do is move this stereo system into the 21st century without having to rip out all the speakers I have installed throughout the house.  I'd like to connect them to Echo so that I can use voice activation in order to use them. 

Can someone, who has in-depth experience on how to do this, please respond and give me some direction on what I can do to get this working, if it's even possible?  Thanks

mike27oct

Re: Integrating my Echo with my Home Stereo System
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:29:50 pm »
About all one can do is have a dedicated (e.g. Dot) audio out plugged into a stereo's Hi-level (AUX) audio input so Dot can play through stereo.  I can ask the Dot to play music from Amazon music or my NAS Plex server. Anything beyond that is up to your stereo and speaker setup.  Nevertheless, what it can do is pretty cool.  I do not need to wire my house with speakers all over like musak in a department store.